Syria, the country of ancient civilization , rich history and diverse cultures and social fabric, is the pride of all its people . It has been the oldest country throughout ages that taught humanity the first alphabet , the arts, literature and poetry, and the most open and versatile country to the outside world . From all these facts , the assembly inspired its name : Mother, Syria.
Syria, mother of all Syrians , has embraced all its peoplle, of different races, colors and diverse intellectual, religious and sectarian beliefs
Healing the wounds, restoring amity to the people of this country and unifying ranks, is but the responsibility of those who belong to this country, and have conscience, morals and dignity.
(Syria may get sick but never dies)
Stemmed from our belief that it is our inevitable duty , to make of our country the most beautiful picture in this world, we, a group of activists, elites and intellectuals , university professors and doctors, holders of university degree of various disciplines , traders, and Public figures from all parts of Syria founded “ Mother Syria Assembly” (MSA).
MSA identifies Syrian citizenship as a basis surpassing any other considerations , being, religious , sectarian , tribal ,ethnic or otherwise, It adheres to the principles of equality and equal opportunities for all , and to strengthening the foundations of democracy and separation of powers .
MSA vows to work with all Syrians to brook freedoms and build a rational political system that ensures the exercise of sound democracy, where competing political parties and forces practice , free , fair and transparent competition to win votes of the Syrian people as a main source of authorities.
It ensures a system that guarantees people liberty to hold executive authorities responsible , real peaceful trading of authority, and comprehensive stability that provides a healthy climate for the establishment and development of an integrated social justice and genuine entrepreneurship.
Founding MSA is but an ambitious patriotic act to build a powerful and sophisticated Syria , ruled by its own people, who contribute to the national political action, and organize a community committed to set goals and aspirations, to face challenges.
It also aims at enhancing constitutional democracy through dialogue and respect other’s opinion .
The gathering is designated to finding solutions to problems in Syria, in all economic, social, and political spheres, through actual study of the social reality and application of scientific results.
Therefore, MSA drafted its own vision , practical steps and pursued approach.
Damascus is MSA headquarters , and branches will be established in the Syrian governorates , in line with national interests.
- Syria’s territorial integrity is the first uncompromised priority , comprising the land inhabited by the Syrian people within the geographical and demarcated borders , and work to restore the occupied Syrian lands.
MSA political and economic vision and social objectives
Internal policies and ruling system :
- Given the painful circumstances Syria has been experiencing , and in efforts to bring back stability for Syria , MSA advocates a gradual change from a highly centralized presidential system to a semi-parliamentary system in which responsibilities and powers are divided between the parliament , the presidency and the government, so as to end
Working to make Syria a constitutional state based on 3 pillars: the legislature, the judiciary and the executive powers . Each works as an undifferentiated and integrated body, allowing distribution of responsibilities and power and prevent monopoly by one authority.
Such complete separation of the three legislative, judicial and executive powers ensures the rule of law and prevents encroachment of one authority over the other.
People are the source of authority, so MSA seeks changing the appointment policy for state key positions , including governors, local administration and election and the formation of an independent commission, comprising reliable judicial bodies that assume full supervision of management of elections and referendums, once the decision to invite the voters is taken.
Support and promote political pluralism as one of the political process main components and consolidate partnership rules between the state and civil society organizations.
Founding a national constitutional state , rather than a military or police state dominated by state security organs . It is not a “theocracy “ state, governed by clergies, nor in the name of the Divine right , but rulers are citizens elected in accordance with the will of People , the nation is the source of authority, and the basis of assuming positions are competence , experience and honesty. The nation has the right to elect rulers and parliamentarians, and also to subject them to accountability and impeachment
- Maintaining human rights, especially launching freedoms , preserve fundamental rights for every Syrian, adjust or restrict these freedoms or violate man’s rights to practices or legislation, regardless of color, race, and religion, especially the freedom of belief. For this, MSA works for the achievement of fundamental rights and freedoms for every Syrian , as an indispensable need in an advanced society, besides political and social freedoms that are essential to exercise rights and improve societies.
- Realizing the principle of citizenship ,abolition of all forms of discrimination and establishment of all forms of MSA seeks a state based on the principle of citizenship, where all citizens enjoy equal rights and duties, guaranteed by law , according to principles of equality and equal opportunities without discrimination on grounds of religion or race. Citizenship means full equality and equal opportunities before the Constitution and the law and full participation in rights and duties with the privacy of personal status , legitimized for each person. Syrians, from all ethnic, religious and sectarian backgrounds partners in the homeland and builders of its civilization, are united to promoting and defending it against internal or external threats . Thus citizenship prevents sedition and sectarian wars in the same country.
- Preserving the military establishment as a protector shield to the homeland and providing it with advanced military systems and equipments .
- Supporting and empowering Syrian women and availing them to social and political participation.
- Establishment of the State of institutions to ensure State’s independence from the political system , guaranteeing neutrality of the administrative apparatus, and adoption of the local administration system, conducive to decentralization, independence and deepening democratic practices.
- While in the process of rebuilding the country on solid grounds, we have to re-formulate its foreign policy, on new grounds, that meet the requirements of this Important and historical stage , interact with the conscience of the Syrian people and reinforce its key role on the regional and international arenas .
Syria’s foreign policy should comply with its nature and potentials as a pivotal and important country at the International level , able to carry out an independent , active and influential role.
MSA foreign policy aims at the following :
- Maintaining balance between various affiliation circles and reviving Syria’s regional role, so as to achieve further strategic depth and allows a wider room at all levels of relations with an effective presence on the international arena.
- Openness to all States, in line with people conscience, that serves common interests, as a necessity imposed by the reality of international relations.
- Adherence to foreign relations principles , reflected in politics of the rights enshrined the Syrians, that embody the aspirations of the Syrian people, away from dependency to international forces, since formulating an effective foreign policy is one of the most important elements to building the country and strengthening its regional and international role.
Syria relationship with various affiliation circles
- Supporting the Palestinian people to their legitimate struggle for restoring their rights , to nation-building , liberate their land and backing their positions on International arena and coordination with states , advocating policies supporting Palestinian rights, from all geographical and political orientations.
- Resuming the Syrian presence at the Arab level, through reviving its role in building inter-Arab relations and enhance economic integration among various Arab countries.
- 3. Promote Syrian- American, European, Russian, Chinese, BRICS countries, relations and with all countries whose interests converge with ours.
- Encouraging trade exchange with the said countries and increase Investments in Syria through activating standing agreements and opening new horizons with a focus on areas of productivity and technical disciplines, especially in the field of education, training and expertise transfer .
- Maintaining close cooperation with Mediterranean countries in the areas of environment protection and reducing the effects of climate change
- Openness to and taking advantage of global upsurge experiences, especially Asian Tigers countries , cooperation in Political stances and supporting joint issues at the international arena.
- Raising economic cooperation level , increasing investment and trade exchange and cooperation in information technology, telecommunications, energy and drug manufacturing and matters pertinent to modern and sophisticated technology transfer , and knowledge acquisition.
- Promoting tourism , increasing number of tourists through widening advertising tourism in world markets
Social & economic policy:
Social and economic program:
– The ability to enhance accountability through preventing dependency of institutions and regulatory bodies to the executive power, rather annexing them to the legislative authority represented by the People’s Assembly, publish its report freely with full transparency, and violations to be submitted the judiciary , without permission from any side. Besides , supporting public opinion role in controlling over the institutions, through supporting the freedom of the press and publishing, and asserting the freedom of expression for individuals and groups, alike .
– Enhancing the rule of law through boosting and strengthening judicial authority, ensuring its independence , working to implement its provisions and considering violations of judicial provisions as a punishable crime by imprisonment and isolation.
– Ensuring state authorities subordination and abidance to the law , and consider every act , issued contrary to the Constitution and the law, as null and void and requires accountability.
– Activating and strengthening civil society and institutions independence , and providing new financing mechanisms to carry out their due role.
– Introducing an integrated package of laws and legislations on environment protection and l rights of Syrians in all industrial , agricultural, productivity, urban planning and infrastructure projects, so as to maintain the desired balance between man’s consumption pattern and natural environment’s ability to regain vitality. This package also addresses several reform programs , including environmental impact control mechanisms and assessment, and disseminating environmental awareness subjects in the Syrian educational curricula.
– Progress of nations is measured by achievements in human development filed and in building man , for which MSA program gives special priority, in ensuring the right of every citizen to live In a favorable environment, the right to education, and the right to health care, in order to have a generation capable of achieving social development.
– Man is of great value, as an effective tool for every desirable change or reform. His freedom , security and dignity are the ultimate goal of every reform. . Hence lies the importance of building the Syrian man scientifically , spiritually and a physically integrated person , in order to prepare a morally , Intellectually, and nationally committed, loving and knowledgeable generation. A generation that enjoys Psychological and physical health, enabling him to face life with awareness and vigilance, and achieving a quantum leap in the country development. Not to forget highlighting MSA vision on woman’s role, her rights and public duties, and for developing sectors of children and youth.
Therefore, MSA emphasizes the importance of social support for woman to help her performing her roles in society and promote her positive participation in the elections and membership to elected legislative and local councils, and strengthen her conscious participation in various aspects of the development process , so as to meet her demands to a free and dignified life that fits her humanitarian and social status.
– MSA believes that scientific research is the main component to come up with the desired national revival , as a solution to many problems, with the fact that Syria has a base of researchers, and discerning scholars at home and abroad, and we have to provide resources and capabilities to mostly benefiting from this Syrian research base.
MSA’s vision is to have science as the foundation for development in Syria, and studies and researches to address main problems, the county faces , rather than scientific research to become a welfare paid for by society without an appropriate yield, so the following must be fulfilled :
1 Increasing sums allocated to scientific research from GDP
2 Drawing national strategy that allows technology transfer , resettlement and developments , and using innovation and invention in solving social problems.
3 Development of higher studies and research systems in universities and research centers for the rehabilitation of outstanding researchers .
4 Linking scientific research institutions with production centers , services and facilities.
5 Disseminating intellectual property concept as a key element in scientific research .
MSA ‘s vision to develop and reform pre-university education, higher education and scientific research focuses on the four following trends :.
– For the Syrian person : to have a knowledgeable graduate in respective fields, able to access to scientific research and innovation, enjoying thinking and analysis skills , solving problems , have the spirit of entrepreneurship, able to communicate and work with others effectively, mastering languages and modern technology , capable of self-learning and Lifetime learning , enjoy sound professional morals, and providing all means to benefit from all these human capabilities. One who volunteers to serve his society at the local and international levels .
–For educational institutions : Supporting educational institutions through increasing its number , making them an incubator for excellence , efficiently competitive and able to accelerate development in various scientific, economic, cultural, intellectual, artistic, and humanitarian fields.
– For the Syrian society: development of the educational system to sustainable efficiency and effectiveness, so as to meet aspirations of citizens , in terms of diversity and flexibility and the requirements of development in terms of number and disciplines, efficiency , employability ,development and creativity.
– For human society: Founding an education excellence center that interacts with needs of the Syrian society and the world, representing a genuine added value in the fields of education, higher education and scientific research, so as Syria to be a beacon of human civilization.
The absence of social justice was one of the main reasons that led to what Syria has been experiencing. However, achieving social justice and ensuring fair distribution of revenues of economic activity to achieve Justice, equality and equal opportunities , are but the country’s most important duties. Based on this responsibility, eradication of poverty and unemployment, and the provision of basic services such as public facilities, education, health care , transportation and telecommunications , improving living conditions of workers and peasants, and finding practical solutions to social problems are but the most important objectives that MSA will work for, to achieve Justice for all citizens, taking into account, that restoring what has been looted from state funds and Syria’ s rights to its territory , and fighting corruption and deliberate waste of sovereign resources are but the guarantor for providing the necessary resources to achieve social justice among all citizens.
The following should be fulfilled :
Income redistribution in order to achieve justice and ensures that everyone gets sufficient income that meets his life requirements, determining the minimum and maximum ceilings of wages, and change the current wage structure, by making basic wages as the backbone of salaries.
It is recognized that unemployment hit almost every house in Syria, being rural or urban, male or female, and mostly among learners This problem is attributed to several factors, and has multiple social economic and political consequences. However, MSA ‘s vision to embrace policies aimed at resolving the problem, in the short term through :
- creating a national grant fund for the unemployed , with smooth granting procedures through drawing an organizing law , and a database on unemployment situation.
- re-operating idled personnel existed in various sectors of the national economy.
- maintaining successful public sector projects.
- improving investment climate and the elimination of obstacles hindering the private sector.
- advancement of public health services and educational programs , a project which attracts large number of graduates.
- expansion of training programs for various professions , in the area of unemployment.
In the long term
- creation of productive employment, by giving a strong impetus for investment and growth in various sectors of the national economy.
- increase national investments so that to accommodate the increasing numbers of new comers to the labor market, annually.
- Strengthening and empowering civil society and its various institutions to ensure democracy and preserve people vitality , and even never returning back to the era of the state dominance of this sector.
- Civil society as a genuine partner in the construction and the renaissance of any State should not be neglected, or oppressed or restricted, since it constitutes the state triangle with both the private sector and the government.
- cooperating with the legislative authorities in providing constitutional and legal protection for citizens rights to organization and interaction with the society, and launching freedoms for citizens participation in society’s empowerment and development.
Environment, both urban and natural, represents a pivotal role in nations development, and combines together with economic development , the three social foundations for sustainable development. MSA believes in the importance of implementing sustainable development principles as part of the efforts to re-build the Syrian economy. In this context, MSA considers environment as one of the resources that should be invested in and preserved for future generations, and also as an engine for development and an integral part of the economy, MSA seeks to build ..
Comprehensive human development
Human Development Policy
- Activating youths role in the political process and considering efficiency , ability and desire as components to join public work ,as key indicators on the importance of political action, that starts from the next local councils elections.
- Enhancing youth activism, and sports sector in Syria, at the institutional , technical and professional levels .
The right to housing is fundamental, that most Syrians aspire , therefore the state must remove hindering obstacles , through :
- Building a new mortgage finance system that facilitates citizens acquisition process.
- Supporting Syrian real-estate sector directed to poor and middle –class families with needed infrastructure and services.
- Giving priority to enable newly married young worker, capable of earning to own and facilitate mechanisms and timings, so as not to adversely affect the family’s ability to good living
- rehabilitation of uninhabited real estate projects, built by the state and stalled due to corruption and construction errors , according to the new real estate financing system
Health care system:
MSA will work on having a highly efficient health system , enabling Syrian citizens enjoy conscious healthy practices, and participate in constructing and supporting the health system via communal involvement
The modern concept of development based on science and knowledge is inseparable from social justice and developmental , and hence the state has to re-activate Its role through prioritizing the followings:
1 fighting corruption system
- Economic Policies
- Financial Policies
- monetary policies
- trade policies
3 Full exploitation of resources
4 Improving parallel (un official) economy
MSA main driver for drawing economic policies is the basic , real and urgent needs of all the Syrian society without the predominance of one party or sect on the other.
Local entrepreneurship project
It aims to implement economic development at the local level, rather than the national, while maintaining the size of the project as a national project sponsored by each governorate through its resources and labor force , and having consensus and approval on the project by all community members on the same goal .
objectives of local entrepreneurship project:
- Economic development: is intended to activate governorate’s special economy through boosting economic capacity and the need to use all resources in encouraging investment.
- Social Development: is intended to alleviate the social aspect through adoption of social policies that help improving living standards and reduce poverty, especially in local communities through creating Jobs and carrying out activities for the development of society , in a way to reduce unemployment and elimination of social ills.
- Improving the quality of services provided at the communal level in poverty-suffering areas , through carrying out different developmental programs including education, environmental health, and services sectors .
- Political Development: reflected in the development of masses capacities to clearly perceive their problems and develop their abilities to mobilize all available resources to meet these challenges and problems, pragmatically and realistically.
- Stimulating citizen to participate in the development process, by providing him with material and moral support , making him feel as an important element in his community , where he can provide necessary services for development , when deficiencies and shortages do exist ,
- Support local administration so that it can develop and be out of poverty, by providing aid to carry out projects that eliminate shortfalls
- Embarking on decentralization, which means independence of authority and administration, so as to develop appropriate projects.
- Agriculture sector:
- Vertical development that relies on improving irrigation, seeds, and mechanization, resulted by an increase in agricultural production rates.
- Land reclamation.
- Ensuring agricultural jobs.
- Increasing the per capita arable land.
- Giving priority to vertical orientation agriculture
- livestock and grazing sector:
- Establishment of several grasslands protectorates to increase Pastoral capacity
- Industry Sector:
- Giving attention to infrastructure in industrial zones
- Prioritizing export-oriented industry
- tourism sector:
- Boosting different types of tourism
- Development of reserves adjacent areas
- Encouraging cultural and health tourism … etc.
- services sector:
- Creating small industries investment opportunities to develop young people capacity and increase their contribution to private investment.
- Establishing research centers and units and technology universities, that contribute to development
Security & safety system
Full respect for human rights, fundamental freedoms, progress of societies on democratic pluralism, and the rule of law are, but indispensable conditions to achieve progress in laying the foundations of security, justice and social peace. Doubtless, security is a basic pillar In the construction of modern society, and an essential requirement to establish a true democratic system and start comprehensive development programs , especially economic and social ones.
MSA program stresses work development of the Ministry of the Interior and re structuring it in a way that meets present and future requirements. It aims at :
- The General Security System GSS- with all sectors – to carry out functional duties, efficiently and effectively, by applying latest scientific systems and methods, with an emphasis on the main objectives of police performance as a manifestation of the rule of law.
- ensuring society’s security and safety .
- safeguarding rights and freedoms
- maintaining public order by crime prevention and reduction and security violations.
- providing assistance and services to the public
To achieve these objectives , the security apparatus should work according to the law and its enforcement standards , ensure protection of the rights and dignity of the Syrian citizen and enhance communication, and mutual understanding with the public served by the security apparatus.
Security sector development
- Develop and modify the Police Authority Act , according to latest world systems , in line with social conditions , and commitment to transparency and social control standards.
- Restructuring the organizational structure of public administrations and the Ministry of Interior departments , by means of merging , transfer to other ministries, or abrogation , when a suitable replacement is ensured .
- Provide a healthy environment and climate for the performance of the security work, for the dignity of both the citizen and the security man.
- Draw a proper legal framework, as a prior necessary condition for the rational management of the security sector, whose effectiveness and success, linked the extent of its subjugation to accountability , stressing the need to define the role of the various security services and assigned functions, privileges granted to security apparatus and , restrictions on their authorities , as well as defining the role and powers of the institutions that manage and have control over security services.
Special Index :
- One of MSA’s priorities is to help displaced return to the homeland, in accordance with humanitarian and legal conditions on the basis of its set project.
- Seeking national reconciliation among the society’s various components and individuals..
- Efforts to know the fate of missing persons.
- Efforts to release the detainees held by all parties.
- As the process of reconstruction is MSA.’s priorities, reconstruction companies from home and abroad are invited to take part, according to proper environmental and technical conditions .